16 May 2011

Planning

Yesterday was Day 1.

My plan is to ease into the new eating plan rather than cutting everything out and going cold turkey.  I know that just won't work.  I've also given myself a few days to plan to make the transition easier.

Breakfast
Commercial meusli with rice milk.  Homemade meusli wtih rice milk.
1 x Coffee w rice milk.  No coffee

Lunch
Salad - lettuce, celery, carrot, chickpeas, pine nuts
Leftovers

Dinner
Lentil Shephards Pie (get rid of ricotta cheese)
Pumpkin Soup
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Roast Vegetables (in the slow cooker, no oil)
Stew (slow cooker, lentils+vegies w/ brown rice)
A few meat meals No meat meals

Snacks
Fruit
Popcorn
Almonds
Meusli slice (homemade recipe) - uses too much sugar atm, so will have to modify it

Drinks
water
coffee (to start with)
Soda water
herbal teas

Vitamins
Multivitamin
Vit B
Vit D3
Calcium
Vit E
Omega 3
Iron

Exercise
Minimum 20mins per day - walking, cross trainer, running, weight training.

Cutting out:
Meat
Dairy
Eggs
Fatty foods of any kind
Oils, including vegetable oils
Processed foods, flours, sugars
Caffeine
Alcohol
Sugar
Soy

The key is planning.  I have all these yummy meals spread out through the week - so that helps.  I'll be cutting back on the caffeine - its been 2-3 cups of strong coffee per day + several cups of tea.  Sugar has been out of control, as well as fats. 

I also need to go through all my make up, face washes, shampoo & conditioner, etc looking for xenoestrogens.  I need to replace my water bottles, and make sure I don't heat up food in plastic containers.

I've bought a heat back to help control the pain, rather than take too many Advil.

Currently, my symptoms include:
Very heavy periods, 2-3 days very heavy
Clots around the size of a 50c piece, +/-
Stomach cramps where I can barely walk
Back aches
Stabbing pain during sex
Pain shooting down the inside of my legs during my period
Nausea
Tender stomach
Cramps at other times of the month

So over the next few weeks I'll slowly sub out the remaining things that I'm having - any dairy, meat, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment