17 May 2011

Got to love online forums

I found a FB group on adenomyosis - holy crap!  Listening to other women and their stories - its amazing and so awful at the same time.

- my weird bone pain, and hip pain can also be attributed to the adenomyosis
- if its found on an ultrasound - its usually pretty far gone
- most of them have deficiencies in a number of vitamins and minerals - so I've made an appointment to see the doctor (a different one from the one I saw re: diagnosis) tomorrow to have a blood test to see where I am - this will help my diet plan as well to ensure I'm 'fixing' it as much as possible.

It seems that not many are doing anything diet wise - most on the site have gone the hysterectomy route, the others hormonal contraceptives.


So an update,

I went to the gym yesterday afternoon.  Mostly good - some pain where my right ovary used to be.  This happens occassionally, but its been more painful lately, with sometimes a sharp stabbing pain that takes my breath away.  The pain got quite bad at around 18 minutes on the cross trainer, so that was it yesterday.  I'll be going again today.

Dinner was the yummy lentil shepards pie, with popcorn for dessert.


Today has been ok so far - but probably too much dried fruit - which is high in sugar! 

I have found a wonderful herbal tea from the Australian Fruit Tea Company - Green Tea & Mango. 

No comments:

Post a Comment